Take pride, for you own a Drupal based website or blog. Take pride because there is yet to be an open source content management system with as many riveting and bespoke features as Drupal. One reason that helps in building up all the (much deserved) hype around Drupal is the extensibility and scalability provided by its modules. With the right use of the modules, you can easily implement a brand new function to your website and make it cater to a new set of audience altogether.
Here are the current 5 Drupal Modules that have caught the fancies of Drupal programmers and website owners alike. Check them out below to know more:
1. Organize the pages of the website, with Paging – First, let us begin with a Drupal module which will make it quite easy for you to manage the content of your website. Paging takes into account the positioning and management of long pages of the website, by separating them into smaller ones and adding value to each of them. This module can be installed easily in the website; it is up for downloads from the official website of Drupal.
2. Enhanced image viewing with Image Zoom – It has always been quite a task to manage the images on the website. However, now with the help of Image Zoom module, one can easily take care of the same. This innovative and quite resourceful Drupal module zoom the image when a user hovers the mouse over it. Along with contributing to the dynamic appeal of the website, it also offers a unique and animated presentation of the images.
3. Easily mention your contact details with Contact Form Blocks – Here is an innovative and fairly a simple way for displaying the contact form, wherever you require it on the website. The contact form, with the help of this Drupal module, can be added to the side bar of the website, and will be made to be accessible at every page of the website; all that you need to do is to add the contact form block, wherever you would like the contact form to be.
4. Offer easy navigation to your customers with Crumbs – In order to give a simple and enchanting user experience to users visiting your website, all that you require is Crumbs. ‘Crumbs’ is the module that makes the navigation and browsing of the website as easy as cutting a slice of butter. Just install the module and create easy breadcrumbs of public places. The breadcrumbs can be further extended by making certain tweaks in the custom modules. Also, the defining rules can be enabled or disabled from the admin panel; also it makes it really easy for the visitors to get an estimate of the website and view the next or the previous page, without actively having to click the backward or forward button. Thus, it makes the browsing simple and highly user friendly.
5. Embed widgets – although the module defines great resourcefulness, the reason why we have covered it in the end is that the Drupal Module is still under development. However, the module still allows you to add the widgets in your website with iFrame format, introduced by the Google Summer of Code project. With the help of this iFrame project, significant widgets can be added to the final project.
And that is just not all. There is a complete range of Drupal modules available for you to use. Some of our other favorite modules, which were not included in this write-up, includes Social media modules like Share This etc, Content management modules like Content Access, Path Auto, and search engine optimization modules etc. Depending on the utility served by your web application, you can opt for the desired module.Update is the key
Lastly, you may utilize all of the Drupal modules listed above, and others amongst their counterparts, but the ultimate success will continue to remain elusive to you, until and unless you make it a habit to keep your website updated. In a world where technological advances transpire with the every drop of the hat, it is even more essential for you to stay up to date and well in touch with the technology. “Oh Jeez, isn’t there a module that would take care of the same?” you may wonder, but even we are in a playful mood of the sorts. Why don’t you find that out and let us know in the comment section below? Perhaps a Drupal Development Company will be able to help you with this and a lot more under the Drupal deployment environment.