These question can be helpful to those college students who are preparing for campus placements.
I consider five subjects as most important subject for interviews
- Computer Network
- Operating Systems
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- Computer Architecture
Apart from it programming language depends upon projects and companies. I will posting questions related to all those 5 sections. We will be posting Programming languages based interview questions very soon.
Questions related to Operating System
- What are the basic functions of an operating system?
- Explain briefly about, processor, assembler, compiler, loader, linker and the functions executed by them.
- What are the difference phases of software development? Explain briefly?
- Differentiate between RAM and ROM?
- What is DRAM? In which form does it store data?
- What is cache memory?
- What is hard disk and what is its purpose?
- Differentiate between Compiler and Interpreter?
- What are the different tasks of Lexical analysis?
- What are the different functions of Syntax phase, Scheduler?
- What are the main difference between Micro-Controller and Micro- Processor?
- Describe different job scheduling in operating systems.
- What is a Real-Time System ?
- What is the difference between Hard and Soft real-time systems ?
- What is a mission critical system ?
- What is the important aspect of a real-time system ?
- If two processes which shares same system memory and system clock in a distributed system, What is it called?
- What is the state of the processor, when a process is waiting for some event to occur?
- What do you mean by deadlock?
Explain the difference between microkernel and macro kernel.
Give an example of microkernel.
- When would you choose bottom up methodology?
- When would you choose top down methodology?
- Why paging is used ?
- Which is the best page replacement algorithm and Why? How much time is spent usually in each phases and why?
- Difference between Primary storage and secondary storage?
- What is multi-tasking, multi-programming, multi threading?
- Difference between multi threading and multi tasking?
- Define Demand paging, page faults, replacement algorithms, thrashing,.
- Explain about paged segmentation and segment paging
- While running DOS on a PC, which command would be used to duplicate the entire diskette?
I have requirement of .net questions for placement.
This is a standred technical definition but in simple way Data structure is a way to keep data in a simple format in a well organized way.Earlier the problem was that there was huge amount of data but we was not able to identify the significance of data.So for easy going and for reducing the complexity they introduce a way by which we can categorise the data.This idea was very fabulous because now form the category we can judge the characteristics of that data.So A data structure is a group of data elements grouped together under one name. These data elements, known as members, can have different types and different lengths.