Most of the internet or computer users use Microsoft Office word for document purpose (Those who use Microsoft Operating Systems). This blog will show you how to use different text fonts other than English text.
For example: How to use Hindi , Punjabi, Bengali, Tamil, Malayalam fonts in MS word.
Follow these steps to install your desired fonts:
- Download the fonts that you wish to use in MS word. Foe ex: Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Punjabi, Tamil, Malayalam etc. It should have .tff extension. Ex: hindi_font.tff
Save this font anywhere in your system and then copy it to fonts directory. You can reach to Fonts directory in 2 ways
- Open C:/Windows/Fonts (will work in Any Windows O.S. like XP, Vista, Win7 etc)
- Got to Control panel there you will see Fonts Directory in Windows XP and Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts for Windows Vista users
- Open that Fonts Directory and just paste the fonts. You are Done!
- Now open MS word and you will see that font name or font style in your font field.
I have tested it on Windows XP and Windows Vista only. If you find any issues in installing fonts into your system or facing problem in using it. Please let us know we may solve your issues.
You can download few common fonts that may be useful for you from the attached links shown below:
Good work. It will be better if you will also write some link(Popular one) where reader can download other fonts.
Hi Sanjeev or any other reader/blogger who is reading please revert -- i have the font but i can't view them in hindi it appears in english when i type a doc, or even CDR.
thanks kruti dev works but the others like the Mangal & aparajita don't
I am able to instal Amar Bangla Normal and Bangla 21 February fonts - they are showing in MS Word font menu but it is not possible to write anything in MS word using these fonts and using Avro keyboard. Please help.